Santiam Christian is currently taking applications for an Elementary School Principal to join our administrative team. We are looking for someone to bring energy, vision, and ideas to our school and help keep us from growing stale from doing the same thing, the same way, every year.
We can provide you with the long list of boring descriptions of responsibilities and duties if you want, but we also recognize no one can live up to that ideal so many schools put on paper. What we really want is someone passionate about educating elementary kids and seeing them grow in their walk with the Lord. So, we encourage you to look up our school at www.santiamchristian.org or send your questions to the email listed below.
Here are a few details to help whet your appetite. Now in our 41st year of existence, Santiam Christian is a well-respected school in Oregon with an enrollment of 610 students P-12 grade. We are known for academic and athletic success, and offers a wide variety of other programs such as drama, music, and robotics. The elementary school has a current enrollment of approximately 250 students in P-6 grade with two classes per grade. We are a non-denominational school welcoming students from dozens of local churches, and we like it that way. Having so many different views expressed on our campus keeps all of us on our toes and leads to great conversations. We also have a strong international program that brings over 20 students to our campus from all over the world each year.
We are located on over 100 acres in the beautiful Willamette Valley in scenic Adair Village, OR, only minutes from Corvallis and Albany. We are a rural school with all of the amenities of a town with a large university just minutes away.
Pay will be competitive, and based upon education and experience. SC provides medical, dental and vision insurance for full-time employees and their families, as well as matching retirement into a 401(k). Tuition discounts for fulltime employees are also available.
We do need to let you know there are some minimum requirements for this position, so if you don’t meet these you might not want to invest time and energy into applying. We believe these qualifications are essential to put yourself in a position to be successful as our next principal:
- Must be a Christian who is active in a local church and agrees with our Statement of Faith
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in education
- Minimum of three years of administrative experience at the elementary level is preferred
- ACSI or state certification, or the ability to obtain these
If you like what you see and are interested in this position, please provide us with the following:
- A letter of interest stating why this job would be a good fit for you
- A current resume
- 3 letters of reference from individuals who can speak to your qualifications for this position
- Your personal testimony
- Email all completed documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
Santiam Christian Schools in Adair Village, Oregon seeks outstanding individuals to join our teaching faculty. The professionals we seek view teaching as a privilege and calling, and make student learning, discipleship, and cooperative teamwork with other staff the passion of each school year. Commitments to blending the best of traditional and innovative methodologies and to continued professional growth and development are essential. Strong relational and mentoring skills a must. Commitment to Biblical lifestyle and ability to live and teach the beauty and joy of salvation through Christ required.
Current opening in High School Agriculture:
Bachelors degree in Agricultural field required; graduate credentials, agricultural experience, and previous teaching experience strongly preferred. The successful candidate inspires and educates students by providing
- Thorough understanding of current and cutting edge agricultural knowledge and practice, including emerging trends.
- Dynamic blends of classroom work and carefully designed agricultural experiences, including opportunities to visit and work with diverse local farms and agribusiness.
- Biblical perspective and vision elevating agriculture as vocation and stewardship, including helping students develop Biblical perspectives on matters such as land use, farm labor, sustainable practice, and animal welfare.
- Opportunity to participate in FFA activities and events for students who wish.
Candidates should send résumé and letter of interest to Erik Ritschard, High School Principal, by email or mail to: 7220 NE Arnold Avenue, Adair Village, OR 97330.
Santiam Christian Elementary is currently accepting applications for Elementary Substitute Teachers. To apply, please fill out the "New Teacher Application." Return applications to Santiam Christian Elementary or email to email@example.com
Provide classroom instruction and fulfill other responsibilities of a teacher who is absent, generally on a short term basis.
Work Week and Hours:
Dependent upon the need. Generally weekdays between the hours of 7:45 AM and 3:15 PM.
No positions currently available.
Staff / Non-Teaching Positions
No positions currently available.