- Performances January 13th and 14th at 7:00pm, and January 15th at 1:00pm and 7:00pm
- Virtual Stream show on January 15th at 5:00pm (PST) through On The Stage
- In-person performances at SC's Black Box Theater (7220 NE Arnold Ave. Adair Village, OR 97330)
- In-person tickets: $6 Students/Seniors, $8 Adults
- Stream tickets: $10 Individual (1-2 people), $10 Families/Groups (3+)
- Purchase Tickets
- Produced by special arrangement with THE DRAMATIC PUBLISHING COMPANY of Woodstock, Illinois.
- Our theater is a small space with distanced yet close seating: We are asking audience members to wear face coverings when indoors, including the HS Lobby and the black box theater (HS 112). Patrons are welcome to leave the theater at any time for a mask break; we will also have a 15-20 minute intermission. We are happy to provide disposable masks for anyone who needs one
Welcome to Santiam Christian Theatre
Santiam Christian Theatre
Santiam Christian Theatre (SCT) aims to challenge, inspire, and cultivate young artists through the gift of performance arts. Junior high and high school students can be involved in up to three plays each year, which includes the Jr. Players production lead by upperclassmen, and the first and second-semester high school plays (for HS students only). Performances take place at our black box theatre on campus and via live stream on our hybrid performance night.
After being cast, students can develop their acting and teamwork skills at in-class rehearsals if cast into the high school play (known as HS Drama) and in after-school rehearsals if cast into Jr. Payers. Students can also explore areas outside of acting, such as stage crew, tech crew, costumes, hair, and makeup, and more. By participating in SC Theatre, students can develop their performance skills while also evaluating dramatic texts, accesses other local theatre opportunities and events, and growing as team players, artists, and God-glorifying leaders, and glorify God in their efforts.
High School Drama
The high school drama class is a theatre production class that allows students to rehearse for the upcoming semester play and develop their acting, creative, and teamwork skills. Students must audition for an acting role to be enrolled in the class, or they may apply for a production assistant position. Rehearsals start primarily in class but extend into after-school rehearsals as performance dates get closer. Auditions for the first-semester play take place in April the previous semester; eight graders are encouraged to audition along with current freshmen, sophomores, and juniors. Auditions for the second-semester play take place near the end of the first semester, in which current freshmen through seniors that year may auditions.
Santiam Christian Jr. Players (JH Drama)
The mission of Jr. Players is to combine leadership and mentoring opportunities to seniors and upperclassmen while introducing 7th, 8th, and 9th graders to the theatre arts. Three senior theatre students are chosen to select, cast, and direct a play. Junior high students and high school freshmen receive the chance to take part in a student-led production. Between younger students trying out theatre and upperclassmen taking on mentoring roles in directing, costumes, tech, and more, Jr. Players not only cultivates leadership and creativity but also fellowship between student artists, young and old.