Santiam Christian offers a wide variety of clubs and organizations for all grade levels. Clubs can be an amazing way for students to get involved with the school while having fun with friends. Ranging from choir to robotics there are many interesting activities.
High School (grades 9-12)
- FFA – SC is the only private school in Oregon to offer FFA and one of only a few nationwide. This program offers skill development in areas from soil science to public speaking, leadership to floral design, ag construction to tractor safety, and more! FFA provides a wide variety of practical experience, valuable in most any industry.
- DECA – Business and Marketing competition team. Perform well among 5A & 6A schools at the state level each year.
- STEM - Campus-wide, weekly newsletter devoted to STEM interests. The SC STEM coordinator provides access information about many different STEM related opportunities in our area.
- International Missions Trips – Students frequently participate in international mission trips. For example, every other year for the last ten years Santiam Christian has partnered with Students International in the Dominican Republic. This unique opportunity allows students to choose one of many vocational areas (e.g. education, medicine, sports, physical therapy, media) to serve in by working alongside professional Christian mentors. Additionally, other trips to countries all over the world are coordinated by Santiam Christian as the Lord opens opportunities.
- Yearbook – Student staff learn graphic design techniques, software, publishing, and photographic arts to produce a fantastic yearbook.
- Drama – Each year Santiam Christian presents two full-scale high school productions and one full-scale junior high production (directed and mentored by high school seniors). All performances are in either our own black box theatre or in a traditional theatre setting.
- Worship Teams – Student worship/music teams take turns leading worship for weekly chapel.
- National Honor Society – High achieving scholars, participating in leadership and service.
- Leadership – Student Council and Class Council. Leadership training and participation in OASC events.
- Choir & Band – Numerous State Placements. Both choir and band meet during the school day. They compete at the state and regional levels.
- Rhythm In Blue – Select choral ensemble. RIB performs advanced vocal selections, featuring accompanied, acapella, jazz, and classical music. Meets in the zero hour.
- Wide variety of elective courses including – Woodworking, Photography, Art, Foods, Ag science courses, Programming, Cadet Teaching, and many more!
Junior High (grades 7-8)
- Junior Players Drama – Full scale drama production for seventh-ninth grade students. Production is directed and mentored by high school seniors.
- STEM – Campus-wide, weekly newsletter devoted to STEM interests. The SC STEM coordinator provides access to information about many different STEM related opportunities in our area
- Educational Travel to Washington DC – 8th & 9th grade educational travel opportunity. Utilizes respected educational travel services. Offered every other year.
- Wide variety of elective courses including – Woodworking, Photoshop, Ag Science, Foods, Band, Chorale, Art, and Beginning Guitar.
- Annual competitive events including – Spelling Bee, Math Olympics, Speech Meet, and Band Festival. Participation with other area ACSI schools.
- Elementary LEGO Robotics – Robotics club, utilizing the LEGO platform. Special for third – sixth graders
- Annual competitive events including – SC Track Meet, Spelling Bee, Math Olympics, Speech Meet, and Band Festival. Participation with other area ACSI schools. Enrichment Classes including: Science Lab, Music, Art, PE, and Computer Lab.
- Band (5th & 6th Grade) – is the first step in developing a basis for music. Directed by Mrs. Annette Miller, this program has become a great place to explore music and instruments.