Santiam Christian offers a wide variety of clubs and organizations for all grade levels. Clubs can be an amazing way for students to get involved with the school while having fun with friends. Ranging from choir to robotics there are many interesting activities.
High School (grades 9-12)
- FFA – SC is the only private school in Oregon to offer FFA and one of only a few nationwide. This program offers skill development in areas from soil science to public speaking, leadership to floral design, ag construction to tractor safety, and more! FFA provides a wide variety of practical experience, valuable in most any industry.
- Robotics – HS students design and build their own robot and take it into battle in the FIRST Robotics Competition. This program is often referred to as a “sport of the mind,” giving high school students and their adult mentors the opportunity to work and create together to solve a common problem. Strategy, creativity, 3D printing, design collaboration – STEM rich skills learning environment.
- International Missions Trips – Students frequently participate in international mission trips.
- For example, every other year for the last ten years Santiam Christian has partnered with Students International in the Dominican Republic. For several years SC students have also worked with The Caribbean Christian Center for the Deaf in Jamaica. This ministry supports marginalized people through its multiple campuses and businesses. Students not only work, but build relationships with people who otherwise often feel isolated.
- Yearbook – Student staff learn graphic design techniques, software, publishing, and photographic arts to produce a fantastic yearbook.
- Drama – Each year Santiam Christian presents two full-scale high school productions and one junior high production (directed & mentored by high school seniors). All performances are live-streamed or in our own black box theater.
- Worship Teams – Student worship/music teams take turns leading worship for weekly chapel.
- National Honor Society – High achieving scholars, participating in leadership and service. Involvement with the nationwide NHS organization provides opportunity and accountability for members of this scholastic achievement and service club.
- Leadership – Student Council and Class Council. Leadership training and participation in OASC events.
- Choir & Band – Numerous State Placements. Both choir and band meet during the school day. They compete at the state and regional levels. Our band is small, allowing for competition at the ensemble level. This provides some terrific interaction with judges and more personal attention. Our choir competes at the ACSI Regional choir competition each spring.
- Select Choral Ensemble – Audition choir. This ensemble performs advanced vocal selections, featuring accompanied, acapella, jazz, and classical music. Meets in the zero hour.
- Wide variety of elective courses including: Woodworking, Photography, Art, Foods, Ag science courses, Digital Arts, Music, Cadet Teaching, and many more
Junior High (grades 7-8)
- Junior Players Drama – Full scale drama production for 7th – 9th grade students. This production is directed and mentored by high school seniors.
- STEM –We are in search of a program and leadership to engage 7th & 8th grade students in extra-curricular STEM activities for 2022-23. We hope to offer JH robotics or something similar. It is our heart to support student involvement in this area. Parental leadership will be key.
- Educational Travel to Washington DC – 8th & 9th grade educational travel opportunity. Utilizes respected educational travel services. This trip increases the “classroom” to include national monuments, parks and historic locations. Offered every other year.
- Wide variety of elective courses including: Woodworking, Photoshop, Ag Science, Foods, Band, Chorale, Art, and Beginning Guitar.
- Annual competitive events including: Spelling Bee, Math Olympics, Speech Meet, and Band Festival.
- Participation with other area ACSI schools.
- Elementary Builders Workshops – Based on parent volunteer availability, we offer LEGO workshops allowing students to learn, collaborate and enjoy building with LEGOS. Coaching assistance is needed.
- Annual competitive events including: Spelling Bee, Math Olympics, Speech Meet, and Band Festival. Participation with other area ACSI schools.
- Enrichment Classes including: Science Lab, Music, Art, PE, and Technology.
All of these activities are anticipated, but are still tentative based on our ability to offer them for 2022-23.