Santiam Christian offers a wide variety of clubs and organizations for all grade levels. Clubs can be an amazing way for students to get involved with the school while having fun with friends. Ranging from choir to robotics there are many interesting activities.
High School (grades 9-12)
- FFA – SC is the only private school in Oregon to offer FFA and one of only a few nationwide. This program offers skill development in areas from soil science to public speaking, leadership to floral design, ag construction to tractor safety, and more! FFA provides a wide variety of practical experience, valuable in most any industry.
- Business and Marketing Club- SCHS is investigating a competitive option for those students interested in business. Options include DECA and FBLA, among others. To be determined.
- Robotics – HS students design and build their own robot and take it into battle in the FIRST Robotics Competition. This program is often referred to as a “sport of the mind,” giving high school students and their adult mentors the opportunity to work and create together to solve a common problem.
- International Missions Trips– Students frequently participate in international mission trips. For example, every other year for the last ten years Santiam Christian has partnered with Students International in the Dominican Republic. For two years SC students have also worked with The Caribbean Christian Center for the Deaf in Jamaica. This ministry supports marginalized people through its multiple campuses and businesses. Students not only work, but build relationships with people who otherwise often feel isolated.
- Yearbook– Student staff learn graphic design techniques, software, publishing, and photographic arts to produce a fantastic yearbook.
- Drama – Each year Santiam Christian presents two full-scale high school productions and one full-scale junior high production (directed and mentored by high school seniors). All performances are in either our own black box theatre or in a traditional theatre setting.
- Worship Teams– Student worship/music teams take turns leading worship for weekly chapel.
- National Honor Society– High achieving scholars, participating in leadership and service.
- Leadership– Student Council and Class Council. Leadership training and participation in OASC events.
- Choir & Band– Numerous State Placements. Both choir and band meet during the school day. They compete at the state and regional levels.
- Rhythm In Blue– Select choral ensemble. RIB performs advanced vocal selections, featuring accompanied, acapella, jazz, and classical music. Meets in the zero hour.
- Wide variety of elective courses including: Woodworking, Photography, Art, Foods, Ag science courses, Digital Arts, Music, Cadet Teaching, and many more!
Junior High (grades 7-8)
- Junior Players Drama– Full scale drama production for seventh-ninth grade students. Production is directed and mentored by high school seniors.
- Robotics – JH Principal, Steve Bittner, is currently working on a robotics opportunity for students in grades 7 & 8. Coaching assistance is needed.
- Educational Travel to Washington DC – 8th & 9th grade educational travel opportunity. Utilizes respected educatonal travel services. Offered every other year.
- Wide variety of elective courses including: Woodworking, Photoshop, Ag Science, Foods, Band, Chorale, Art, and Beginning Guitar.
- Annual competitive eventsincluding: Spelling Bee, Math Olympics, Speech Meet, and Band Festival. Participation with other area ACSI schools.
- Elementary LEGO Robotics– Robotics club, utilizing the LEGO platform. Special for third – sixth graders
- Annual competitive events including: SC Track Meet, Spelling Bee, Math Olympics, Speech Meet, and Band Festival. Participation with other area ACSI schools.
- Enrichment Classes including: Science Lab, Music, Art, PE, and Computer Lab.